Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Coach Gilbert Introduction

I am sorry for the lack of posts over the past two years, and hope that you will continue to follow the Berry College Lacrosse program.  I will be updating this page more frequently, and hope you check in occasionally to see what is new.

With that in mind, I thought I would give you a little background about myself and where I am coming from.

In 2014-15 I accepted the position here at Berry College after spending 6 years as a Head Coach at New England College in New Hampshire.  I could not have been more excited for the opportunity at Berry Collge, and believe the potential for success here is infinite.

As stated, I spent 6 years in NH and took a team that was 1-13 prior to my arrival to 4 championship games in 6 years, including an NCAA Tournament berth, and also coached the programs first 2 All-Americans in over 70 years.  Additionally, 2 of my other players are now playing in the NLL.

With that said, I believe that if you bring in the right kind of student-athlete, success will follow.  I played at high level myself and was part of a National Championship team at Washington College.  I then went to Whittier College, Washington College, and Denison University all as an assistant and we advanced to the NCAA tournament at all three institutions, and twice we advanced to the Final Four.

Berry College is on the fringe of making the NCAA tournament as we have lost by 1 goal in the Conference Championship twice in the last three years.  Our guys are determined to score that extra goal that will help us advance to the tournament, and I too know that we can do that.

I hope you like what you hear, and continue to follow Berry College Lacrosse.

-Curtis Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment